Other type of product that EVESA can provide as food, feed or pharmaceutical ingredients are different CAPSICUM OLEORESINs (ORCs). If PAPRIKA OLEORESINS (ORPs) provide red-orange color to the final product, ORCs give hotness as a flavor, depending on the content of capsaicinoids of the ORC used and the dosage.
Botanical nomenclature.- Capsicum frutescens L. (Fam. Solanaceae)
Preparation.- Obtained by solvent extraction of the fruit with the subsequent removal of the solvent and addition of a carrier if needed.
Appearance.- Light Orange to dark red liquid of oily appearance.
Organoleptic Properties.- Typically hot and characteristic penetrating odour and flavour of hot chillies.
INTERNATIONAL CODES. Brussel Tariff.- 32030010
– Hot condiments, gravies, dressings, marinades and sauces (BBQ, sweet and sour, harissa, etc.)
– Hot flavoured preparations (sausages, hot chorizos, salamis & similar, etc.)
– Any kind of hot and spice fish preparations (canned fresh seafood, etc.)
– Instant noodles and soups.
– Hot cheeses and other hot dairy products.
– As a complement to activate the metabolism in diets to lose weight
– Shows potential reduction of the risk of developing prostate cancer.
c) Feed and Pet food
– Fodder for any kind of animals to activate the metabolism (horses, bunnies, any kind of bird, cows, etc.)
– Agriculture.- As a natural solution to fight against plagues.
– Oil Soluble.- Quality range up to 1.500.Shu.
– Water Soluble.- Quality range up to 800.000 Shu.
STANDARD or DECOLORED
– Standard.- Around 5.000 cu
– Decoloured.- Less than 1.000 cu